Upcoming San Francisco show!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jazzbo, May 20, 2001.

1. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    The San Francisco Jazz Scene's Spring Season is coming to a close with a tribute to the bass! Looks like they saved the best for last. Great lineup:

• Legacy of the Bass: Brown & McBride
      Ray Brown Trio
      Christian McBride Band
      Friday, May 25, 8pm
      Herbst Theater (Van Ness & McAllister)
    • The Music of Dave Holland and Charles Mingus
      Dave Holland Quintet
      Mingus Amungus
      Saturday, May 26, 8pm
    • Family Matinee: Fables of Mingus
      Mingus Amungus
      Sunday, May 27, 3pm
    • Duology
      Joshua Redman / Christian McBride Duo
      Sunday, May 27, 7pm
    Gonna be some great shows to check out this weekend.

Also, we've got Marcus Miller playing at Bimbo's on 5/30. This should be an excellent month!

I will definitely be at the Legacy of Bass show on Friday!!!
  2. Jazzbo, remember in school when you were caught chewing gum the teacher would ask "Did you bring enough for everyone?" Well if you are going to make the effort to post the westcoast shows how about "bringing enough" for all of us and post info on east coast shows.

wish I was on the westcoast for those shows.
  3. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Sorry Gruff! These shows are so good that I had to let my SF friends know about it! Looks like you're on the wrong coast. :)
  4. Ahh its OK, I will just have to keep going to Scullers Jazz Club in Boston so your list doesn't give withdrawals
  5. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    i don´t know if you are interested but Radiohead is playing on SF this next June

i´m going to see them in the Hollywood Bowl on Los Angeles next August... loooong trip from Mexico :D

POST #500
  6. winston

winston Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    Berkeley, CA
    Wow, Jazzbo. Looks like bottoms up in SF this week! BTW, Victor Wooten is playing at the Great American Music Hall on the 30th (and 31st, I think), too--that's where I'm gonna be.
  7. ARGH!
    Why do all the good shows always show up when I'm NOT in the area, and all the bad ones when I AM?

Ok fine, maybe not bad per se, but just not the ones I'm interested in. :D:p