Update on speaker build

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sheepdip, Jul 22, 2004.

1. sheepdip

Apr 14, 2004
    It is hotter than s__t here today and I have been trying to lower the volumn of the keg of Widmer in my back porch so I thought I better Post this before it's too late.

I have the cabs glued and screwed togeather. I was going to nail them with my nail gun because I can putty the holes but I thought "why not make it to stay' so I went with the screws. They are real solid and will last for a long time. I am going to stain and eurthane them for now, I can always cover them with cpt. later when they get beat up. The holes for the vents were not the easiest to do, I finally ended up cutting carpet poles to the proper length and rabbiting the holes in the face to accept about 3/16 of the pole and made up a frame in the back the same way to hold them in place and painted them black in the inside.

If anybody is interested in making these cabs I can turn you on the the plans they are not too hard.

All I have left to do is stain and eurthane the outside and then put in the speakers. I would like to tell everybody how they sound but I don't have the funds for the amp yet. I will post the pics as soon as they are done.

His Royal Highness and bringer forth of untold misery on all those who don't appreciate the sound below G Laurence the Magnificent