Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Update on speaker build

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sheepdip, Jul 22, 2004.

1. sheepdip

sheepdip

Apr 14, 2004
    It is hotter than s__t here today and I have been trying to lower the volumn of the keg of Widmer in my back porch so I thought I better Post this before it's too late.

I have the cabs glued and screwed togeather. I was going to nail them with my nail gun because I can putty the holes but I thought "why not make it to stay' so I went with the screws. They are real solid and will last for a long time. I am going to stain and eurthane them for now, I can always cover them with cpt. later when they get beat up. The holes for the vents were not the easiest to do, I finally ended up cutting carpet poles to the proper length and rabbiting the holes in the face to accept about 3/16 of the pole and made up a frame in the back the same way to hold them in place and painted them black in the inside.

If anybody is interested in making these cabs I can turn you on the the plans they are not too hard.

All I have left to do is stain and eurthane the outside and then put in the speakers. I would like to tell everybody how they sound but I don't have the funds for the amp yet. I will post the pics as soon as they are done.

His Royal Highness and bringer forth of untold misery on all those who don't appreciate the sound below G Laurence the Magnificent