Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

update on spector build "quality" issues

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by themajorrager, Jul 27, 2005.

1. as my last thread dealing with my spector and its build quality issues was hi-jacked i thought i should start a new one. here are some pics with the fret "job" and neck "joint" that i am having issues with.
    prepare to sheild your eyes in discust:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

you can click on each image to enlarge it.
    this isnt a flame spector thread... i just think i got a "friday arvo just before knock-off time job".
    i am in the process of making a warranty claim on the basis of defective workmanship.
    here are the pics from my other thread in relation to the control cavity cover that just aint right...
    it looks like too much wood was routed out of the body and so the cover sits too high and too far away from the routing.
    check these pics below to see what i mean bout the cover:
    click on the images to enlarge

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

be interested to know what you guys think.
    again spector have been great to deal with in this matter but i have to take it up with the place of purchase now...

2. Its ok man, the guys at Spector are great. I had a problem with my input jack and emailed them at around 11 at night and had a response the next morning saying that they would send me a check to reemburse me for the jack problem and the cost of fixing from a shop

3. thanks man for the reassureance. i have just come back from the store where i bought the bass. after a quick chat with sales person extraodinaire and bass maestro Rob Little i was told that i would be able to replace the bass for a brand new one. :hyper:
    unfortunately they dont have any stock at the moment so i have to wait for 4-6 weeks :bawl:
    but still a great result.
    huge thanks to PJ Rubal at Spector as well for the great customer service.

4. throbgod13

throbgod13

Mar 26, 2005
    Texas
    wow.. in my eyes that's a second..

keep posting about what they do about it..

5. What model Spector is that?

Ive got one of the older Rebops (Euro) and the fit and finish is infinitely greater than that. At least you get a new bass out of it.

6. Spector Legend 5AS

7. Gotcha. Heard those were supposed to be quite good for the money, must have just been a fluke.

8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I'm thinking the same thing. The OP even acknowledges this, which is cool. Unless my memory is shot, the last thread about this issue had more of a "Spector sucks because of this bass" type of tone to it.

The Legend is a sweet bass. No way PJ and the guys at Spector would let this situation go unresolved. If the dealer would have told you to get lost, Spector would have made it right.

-Mike

9. FireAarro

FireAarro

Aug 8, 2004
    austr-
    Rob is great... dad bought a set of Bass VI strings off him because he said they'd work as piccolo bass strings...

Well, they didn't. The G snapped right before pitch. So Rob gave us another whole set free :D. I keep it tuned down a step with a capo at the second fret now.

10. darkfish01

darkfish01

Feb 11, 2005
    San Marcos, Tx
    That's strange. Even my Performer 4 is way better constructed than that. In fact, she's one of the smoothest basses I've ever played, and she only costed $180 for me! +1 for Spector.