1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Update on the new rig...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by PastorZ, May 5, 2018.

Tags:
  1. PastorZ

PastorZ

Jan 17, 2018
    St. Marys, Ga
    So I'm now 3 months into this Warwick LWA500 / Hartke HD112 setup and I could not be more thrilled. The punch, tone, and bottom end of this combination is quite satisfying. As a "rule of thumb" I'm using 1 cabinet for crowds of up to 100, two cabs with crowds up to 200, and if there's more than that you should have P.A. support anyway (IMHO). This rig has yet to disappoint and the whole setup is 70lbs!!! My old Ampeg 410 and 350W head weighed in at 130lbs and didn't have the low end extension of these Hartke cabinets. To say I'm pleased is an understatement! :D
    Full Stack.

Last edited: May 5, 2018
  2. unbridled

unbridled

May 26, 2005
    Montana
    Endorsing Artist-Compton Compensated Custom Bridges (for Gretsch 6ers)
    I know this is an old thread, but I'm curious as to how it's holding up? Still happy with it? Would they handle a low B well?

3. PastorZ

PastorZ

Jan 17, 2018
    St. Marys, Ga
    Yes, they are holding up very well and I’m still extremely satisfied with them. I had some custom covers made for them to keep them from getting any road rash and that has been a worthwhile investment. I use the cabs for 4 and 5 string basses and they handle the low B without any issue.
    So with all that said, I would recommend anybody to try them out.

4. unbridled

unbridled

May 26, 2005
    Montana
    Right on. Thanks.

I build padded covers for all my good gear. Thankful my Mom taught me how to use a sewing machine. Nice to pay $7 in material and have a better cover than I could buy for 10x the money.

5. PastorZ

PastorZ

Jan 17, 2018
    St. Marys, Ga
    Yes! Now I have some very nice covers but they were $250!

6. unbridled

unbridled

May 26, 2005
    Montana
    Hit me up next time!