1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Update on the Peavey tube heads?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by takeout, Jun 25, 2007.

1. takeout

takeout Supporting Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Kansas City area
    I got sixteen pages deep, Search gets me nothing for the past few months... anyone got anything?

2. FunkyFrosty

FunkyFrosty

May 28, 2006
    Ontario
    I think that BbbyBld has one, he is an amplifier engineer who works for Peavey though:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :bassist: :bassist:

3. takeout

Dec 27, 2002
    Kansas City area
    Nobody? Seems like folks were talking about these non-stop for a bit.

4. takeout

Dec 27, 2002
    Kansas City area
  5. BbbyBld

BbbyBld

Oct 13, 2005
    Meridian, MS
    Actually, I have 3 or 4 :smug:

The VB-2 should have been on the market already. It was going to be made in China. After much protesting, it will be made in the US. I think that's a good thing, but it is causing a delayed release while we set up production. It's killing me, because I want it to be out really bad!!

The VB-3 is still in development.

6. Blues Cat

Blues Cat Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner Commercial User

May 28, 2005
    Katy, Tx
    Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner
    If the VB-3 lives up to the specs I will have to purchase one. Do you have an estimated street price?

Any possibility of Peavey softening the pointiness of it's logo too?:p

7. BbbyBld

BbbyBld

Oct 13, 2005
    Meridian, MS
    IF it lives up to its specs??

If you want me to pull a street price out of my a$$, then I'd say between $1200 and $1400.

There's no way in hell Hartley's gonna change that logo! He'd say, "We tried that once! Damn near put us outta business!"

8. murphy

murphy Supporting Member

May 5, 2004
    Canada
    I love the old classic original logo!

mmmmmmmmmm........pointy!

9. Psychicpet

Psychicpet Guest

Mar 13, 2004
    Friend and Endorsee of Larry
    awesome!!! We've started to carry Peavey again in the store and i can't wait for these bad boys to come in!!! Our Trace order should be landing today or tomorrow so as to infect the West with the Green Machine!! :p

10. Would'e?

Would'e?

Mar 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Can you give us Peavey-lovers any hint if there are some bass goodies coming for summer NAMM? :D

This BAM user really hopes Hartley hasn't completely given up on modeling. The WYSIWYG interface on the BAMs and Transformers slays everything else out there.

11. main_sale

main_sale

Apr 26, 2004
    Cape Cod
    I think building these amps in the good 'ole USA is a good move. I have my name on a VB-3 and US production is a comfort to me. I think your Ampeg competition will regret their move to Asia. I have quite a bit of their stuff, all US built, and have zero interest in buying their "off shore" products. That's why Peavey got my VB-3 order.

12. Slater

Slater Leave that thing alone.

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    Good! Love it, or hate it, that logo is very identifiable, and that's what a good logo is all about!

13. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx

Peavey just took a big step up the list, thanks.

14. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Man I wish my local dealer would get one of these in when they come out.

But, I probably won't see one here. They used to carry a ton of Peavey stuff, but since the bass manager doesn't care for Peavey bass gear, he doesn't order any in. They used to have 3-4 Cirrus basses in stock all the time. It's been years since I've seen a new Cirrus bass in there. Pathetic, really.

15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 15, 2021