1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Update Single Coil Wiring Document

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by DavePlaysBass, Mar 2, 2008.

1. DavePlaysBass

DavePlaysBass Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2004
    CO
    I just got done modding my Tribby L2K with a 3-way switch to go parallel - SC insides - SC with bass boost. Also added some Superalloys and this baby is singing.

All this got me looking at my wiring diagrams and it is time for an update. Same link as before. If you are modding a Tribute you do not want to use the old document because of the shielding. The old mod document could have problems with the Tribute grounding / shielding that is different and an improvment over the older US ones. The new document can be applied to any generation of G&L L2K bass.

The Tributes have great shielding in them and the green wires on the pickups are tied to the cavity and to the pickup magnets. So I have changed the wiring mods so they do not move the green wires away from ground. The coil switching results will be just like the old document and as stated can be used with any generation of G&L.

2. rok51

rok51

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL
    Thank you kindly, Dave! Mine is so new I haven't popped the lid yet, but my initial impression-like that on my Tribute SB2-is that they are, indeed, very well shielded. One less thing to contend with-kudos to G&L.

Kim

3. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    I'm curious about doing this mod on my new Trib. I haven't yet figured out if I will use the series mode option or not yet. Parallel just sounds sweet.