Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Update: The infamous white sadowsky

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Steve, Oct 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve

Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    Mr. Sadowsky, without being asked, has chosen to involve himself in the issue.

If he can bring about what I asked for, and I'm certain he can it wasn't all that much, I am completly satisfied with the outcome.

I am also confident that you can now send a Sadowsky to Pat Wilkins without concern.

2. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    Huh ?, a little background please.

3. pistoleroace

pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002
    WI

You can say that now after all the hoopala the last time? What changed all this?

I'm happy that everything did work out for you and for Roger Sadowsky to get involved when the issue had nothing to do with him or his company, he should be thanked big time.

4. craigers2

craigers2

Sep 26, 2001
    Cleveland
  5. Steve

Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    >What changed all this?
    Roger sadowsky

>he should be thanked big time.

Yes. He should. He was.

6. I'm glad things have worked out.

Mike

7. bassaussie

bassaussie

Oct 6, 2001
    Portugal
    Is it possible for you to give some details? It doesn't sound like anyone's gonna get trashed - sounds like good vibes all 'round!!

BTW - is this the same bass that got lost in transit at some stage?

8. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    That's the one.

9. Steve

Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    I would also like to point out that Mr. Sadowsky responded to the issue immediatly. Somehow it got caught in my spam box and I didn't find it until today.

The details are not all that important. Although I'm sure there is some curiosity, I would just as soon not rehash old news.

I am satisfied with the outcome. My satisfaction is directly due to Mr. Sadowsky's willingness to involve himself in the issue.

I am confident that all parties involved, including myself, got exactly what they deserved out of the experience.

I have no doubt that you can now do business with Pat Wilkins without concern.

10. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    You know, after all the dust that was raised in the previous thread, as well as in other places on the internet, I think we should get a bit more explanation.

To me at this point, all it sounds like is, "Mr. Sadowsky talked to Mr. Wilkins, and from now on Mr. Wilkins is never going to do bad finishes/refinishes any more."

Which leaves open the issues of how is the refinish process going to change, how is the order and confirmation process going to change, does your newfound endorsement of Wilkins apply to all jobs or just Sadowskys, are you dealing through Sadowsky to get this fixed or dealing directly, are you getting it fixed in the first place, did Wilkins finally admit that there were issues to be addressed, is this costing anyone anything to be righted, are you getting refunded in whole or in part, etc.
    Making this statement without clearing the air about what resolution was enacted is just as questionable as people originally were about your initial complaints.

11. toad

toad

Jun 26, 2002
    NYC
    I'm glad you got satisfaction and sadowsky seems like a gentleman, but this thread does leave me with some questions. as someone waiting to do a refinish, you gave pretty convincing, graphic reasons why i should be wary of doing business with wilkins. if it wouldn't be too embarrassing for the parties involved, i'd like to hear how you resolved these issues like the non-stripping. if the intent of your original thread was purely to inform as you suggested and not just to get some recourse, i'd like to hear the resolution.

i do not own a sadowsky, and i suspect the tb moderators are not going to have the patience for another wilkins sux thread, so i guess i should go to another refinisher?

12. pistoleroace

pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002
    WI
    I fully agree with you and what pilotjones have stated. This is not a bashing thread nor do I think it will turn into one but the question for bikertrash is; how can you make the statement that you are confident in Wilkins work after all the statements you made in the earlier thread. Just because Mr. Sadowsky got involved and helped you out (which is A #1 in my book) doesn't mean that the mistakes on Wilkins part never happened. You were right in your earlier thread about the work he did not being satisfactory unless of course, the "Dude" man was right - the earlier thread was a pile of crap.

Just curious.

13. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Me thinks that he got yelled at for giving pat wilkins a bad rep and is now being forced to put in a good word for him so it doesnt hurt his business.

Just an idea, since hes not really telling us much of anything.

14. pilotjones

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    Another, further question for Steve (b-trash): I see two possibilities regarding the strip/not strip issue: either he agreed to start from scratch with a new strip and refinish, or someone convinced you that when refinishing to an opaque color it is acceptable practice to simply cover without first stripping. We'd like to know which is the case.

Along with all the previous questions.

You really should give some info here. After thrashing (trashing?) all around the internet, (even TBL!), you owe it to the readers as well as the involved parties.

15. pistoleroace

pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002
    WI
  16. pilotjones

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
  17. pilotjones

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
  18. pilotjones

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    Bottom line for me:
    - the bass was stripped and refinished, just not the way bikertrash expected, but it seems to be acceptable practise.
    - the exposed blue at the neck pocket and screw bores do look like unacceptable mistakes. Wilkins has offered to make good, but
    - Switkin appears to be uninterested in any resolution, for no reason that makes sense to me at least
    - as far as the neck dents, it's hard to prove that they were or weren't done by Wilkins; it does seem unlikely, though, that Wilkins would do that and not take responsibility and offer to fix it. It's possible, I suppose.

19. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I just posted the link over at Music Player. I think it's important in cases like this that BOTH sides of the story are seen.

And, really, "blood oath of vengeance?" :eyebrow:

20. lamarjones

lamarjones Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    I never saw any evidence where the customer wanted a sensible fix to the problem. Since the first post, it seems accusartory, vague, and had no chance for reconciliation/.

Ad Dude said, bad communication on both parts leads to the crappy mess. Get it together peeps, your bass probably would have been done by now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.