1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Update to my Did I do the right thing thread

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by buzzbass, Nov 16, 2006.

1. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    Guys/Girls, I posted a thread wondering if I did the right thing in quitting my band. You guys listened to my story and gave me tremendous backup and support. Thanks to you all, very much. So anyway, I'm cruising the local musicians wanted ads today and what do I see ? An ad from the old band looking for memebers. Seems like crappy guitar guy #2 is now gone and their back to square one again. Read this ad, it's hoot.....

"Are there any musicians, male or female that want to work? That want to put the effort forth to make a great band? That are not afraid of success? That can step up to the plate and deliver without excuses of why they can’t make it in the industry. Are there any talented, confident individuals out there who are ready to change the face of music as we know it right now?

Are there any musicians out there that understand that in order to be a great band you have to first play great music together. Are there any musicians out there that realize that playing cover music is just a job but a job that enhances your skills? Playing cover music teaches you how some of the greatest musicians have created songs and constructed harmonies. Playing cover music is the first step to being able to write and perform you own music. Eventually your music will take over and you will no longer be playing cover music.

What I am looking for is a musician, male or female who is willing and able to play out in a cover band every night and all night. I want to be in a band where I feel like I have a family, that will stick to it, through thick and thin, through the good times and the bad times, through the ups and downs that this industry creates. I’m looking for loyal people who believe in music and how it can change the world, not people who want to be rock stars but people who enjoy the beauty of creating a song. I want people who feel as though they can’t breathe unless they’re playing music, who feel their lives will never be the same without it. Who enjoy being on stage and performing and transferring that energy to the audience.

We have an excellent drummer and a great guitarist, I’m the lead singer and each of my bandmates too can sing, so you can’t be afraid to step up to a microphone and sing. If you’re a better singer than me – THAT’S GREAT. I’m a secure performer, who knows how to keep an audience captivated, involved – and I enjoy the energy I feed off of in front of the audience. No showoffs, just musicians who can create a band. I’m also not limited to any other types of instruments included in the band – any other type of instrument that can contribute to this band is welcome – woodwinds, brass, strings, whatever!

You can listen to the original music that I have created by myself at myspace.com/thetattooedmessiah as for the cover music – understand this: Cover music is just a vehicle to get us out on the road, to get us playing to get us prepared for the greatness that lies ahead. It’s just a temporary step to get us in front of people. There is no ego in cover music, no glory. It is simply a tool to help us get where we need to be. On stage in front of 50,000 people, singing our songs and watching them sing back to us.

ARE YOU OUT THERE? ARE THERE REAL MUSICIANS OUT THERE?
    Musicians willing to take the time and put the effort into making something incredible??

Are you there? Please contact me at info@theselloutshow.com or 609-290-2695. "

2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    You could blank out the e-mail and phone, probably...

The thing is man, they want to have a band. And if they get someone else in there they might have the same problems you had, and they are back to here again. Crap happens. You just have to find people that want to work with you.

3. jsbass

jsbass

Sep 3, 2006
    WI
    Heh singer looking for musicians. I laughed.