1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Updated Bass Day.. higway 1 P, retroified

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MiniMoose234, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Finally, after months of arguing with myself, i decided to go the vintage route(appearence wise) for my P :bassist:

cid__0428001547.

I used a wilkinson bridge (decent for the 15 bucks, needed to save a lil cash) Pickup+bridge covers and thumbrest, and a red tort pickguard from GR guitars.
    The downside...i tried to rewire it in the standard simple p bass way...and failed... im horrible at soldering LOL
    that, along with having to redrill some holes and doing an iffy job on that, and the solder that somehow got on the body and like melted the finish, its becoming an unitentional relic... I guess it isnt really a relic then:smug:

If I go through with my plan, it will have DR coated, non colored strings, and not sure on pickup, mabe lace allumitone. I kinda want a vintage look modern sound kinda thing... Its got some flats on it now, and they are sweet.. not sure yet

Not bad for an (almost, 4 days away) 16 year old.

(except for the fact Ill need to take it to get the electronics redone...the volume is like reversed, and very little change, no tone control at all, i think its all the way rolled off lool, and very little output at all... and it still sounds really nice to my ears :bassist: )

oh, btw, sorry for the crappy cell pic

2. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Cool man, I remember when I first got my P bass. I love the thing.

Congrats, good job on the vintage, too! I have mine setup with a combo of vintage and modern, a hybrid of sorts.

3. joshmickelson

joshmickelson

Nov 19, 2008
    Denver, CO
    my first bass was a samick pbass copy, enjoy that sucker!

4. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    love the red on red. you don't see a lot of that and I love it!