1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Updated Dean Guitars Website with a few surprising new lookers

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by B-Mac, Jan 26, 2019.

1. B-Mac

B-Mac Just like Aretha Sang... R-E-S-P-E-C-T Supporting Member

Dean Guitars | Iconic Rock 'n' Roll Guitar Company

$729.00"> e4selbrl.png?scale.option=fill&scale.width=1350&scale.png
    Edge Select 4 String Burled Poplar SN (available in 5 & 6 string too)

$789.00"> ep6selwal.png?scale.option=fill&scale.width=1350&scale.png
    Edge Pro 6 String Walnut Satin Natural (available in 4 & 5 string too)

$269.00"> e16vm.png?scale.option=fill&scale.width=1350&scale.png
    Edge 1 6 String Vintage Mahogany

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
  2. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    I saw the dean edge 1 6-string bass on musician's friend the other night. I thought it looked pretty cool. I was thinking of getting one whenever it's available. that or the dean edge 1 5-string with the musicman-styled pickup. since I've brought that up, I've been curious about that bass for quite sometime. and since I'm in the market for a passive bass, I am thinking about getting that one. I also wonder if the 6-string version is also passive.

3. B-Mac

The new 6 string Dean Edge 1 is passive.
    I’ve been eyeing it as well. The price is pretty amazing.

The 5 string is one pup and is a carryover from previous years

The six string Edge 1 is a new offering as they’ve never had a 6 string Edge 1 before. All other Edge 6 strings were variants of the Edge 4 which were all 2 band active. Same is true for the Edge 8-string

Edge 1 6 String Vintage Mahogany | Dean Guitars | Iconic Rock 'n' Roll Guitar Company

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
    Crystalman85 likes this.
  4. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    I would of figure that it's passive. I normally play 5-string basses, but this one really intrigues me. it would be a fun bass to own. whenever it's available, I would like to get one. my other choice would definitely would be the new dean edge 1 5-string. I've been curious about that bass since it has a musicman-styled pickup. since I'm in the market for a passive bass, I would like to get either of these basses.

5. Rojd

Rojd Supporting Member

May 29, 2018
    Rocky Mountains
    I'd consider Dean Edge 1 6-string, even though I already have a six. The price is right. I've been looking at a fiver too. The Dean Edge 1 5-string might be a good candidate.

B-Mac likes this.
  6. B-Mac

The one thing that I am hesitant with is that Dean used to make most (not all) of the Edge basses either at the Un Sung factory in Korea or the World factory in Korea.
    In order to lower costs and increase profit these are now being made in China and Indonesia.
    The Edge 4 appears to be only available in USA model and no longer has the short lived mid frequency switch and the Edge Pro is no longer a neck thru bass.
    However, the G.A.S. I am getting from the Mahogany Edge 1 Passive 6 string is wearing on me and at that price I just might cave in.
    It is also probably the only example of a Pau Ferro FB that I like since it is paired with a Mahogany body

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  7. Rojd

Rojd Supporting Member

May 29, 2018
    Rocky Mountains
    Yeah, I don't really need another 6, but at that price I might pull the trigger at some point too.

B-Mac likes this.
  8. B-Mac

Just noticed that the Paramount is now down to $259 at GC, MF, M123 and W&B

Just noticed that the Juggernaut is now down to $264 at MF and W&B

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  9. Rojd

Rojd Supporting Member

May 29, 2018
    Rocky Mountains
    If the paramount was a fiver at that price.....

B-Mac likes this.
  10. Did anyone had a change to try these yet?
    I found a video of the Edge select here, and it sounds great.

B-Mac likes this.
  11. B-Mac

Thanks for posting this. I've been wondering about these myself as all of Dean basses are now MIC except the 12 string Rhapsody which is still MIK at the Un Sung factory.
    I've been keeping G.A.S. at bay for the 6 string Passive Edge.

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 24, 2021