Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Updated Family Photo

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tyler Hole, Mar 22, 2005.

1. I figured it was time for an updated family photo since I got a new bass.

[​IMG]

Left to Right: Fretless Ibanez GSR200, SX '75 (I believe) Jazz Copy, DeArmond Pilot Pro V, '98 Squier Strat

2. tomd03

tomd03

Oct 8, 2004
    Alberta Canada
    Nice, take out the g***** and that's a perfect family portrait :)

3. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    What happened to your knobs on the GSR? hehehe

4. The guitar is part of my musical instrument family, so it' is perfect.

Well, actually when I bought it 2+ years ago from my friend when I first started, the knobs were missing. He doesn't even know what happened to em, but I don't care much, I can replace them whenever I want (meaning whenever I get cash and remember to do so).

5. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Yeah I wouldnt think they would be hard to come by, was just curious. I have the same bass, now de-fretted. If you ever get tired of its sound of find it not getting played much, I highly recomend a de-fret job. Turned it into a whole new animal. With my Dingwall in the house, I never played that thing. Now I actually put the Dingwall down from time to time to play on the fretless :)

6. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    yo t-hole

who's sig on the gtr?

7. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    BTW, I asked questions, but I didnt compliment you on your family. Nice group :)

8. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    Those SX' keep getting nicer and nicer looking.

9. Lockout

Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Illinois
    Yeah that SX actually looks pretty nice. Did you buy it before they made the headstocks all ugly?

10. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Nice SX. The Dearmond's are nice too, but fingerboard's a bit fat for my taste, but a beauty nevertheless!

11. BigTopBruno

BigTopBruno

Sep 6, 2002
    NJ, USA
    Where's the Musicman? (considering your location.....)

:smug:

12. aspire

aspire Guest

Dec 28, 2003
    Perth, Australia
    Hows that SX sound?

13. Wow, for some reason I got no update E-mails on this...so I feel I should reply to the other posts here whether they get read or not...

Mine is a fretless too. I defretted it myself. It is a whole new beast! I love having it around.

The big one is Les Claypool's. There are 2 others, one is Buckethead's and the other is Brain's. I got them when Stephen and I went to San Francisco for the CD release/signing/meet & greet for CCBBB at one of the Tower Records shops there.

Yea they do! I guess this one is kind of older (I had the same on before but with upgraded pickups - sold it to get a 5 string and regretted it which is why I got another). I have never seen them on the RondoMusic website before, so I'm guessing they weren't on there for long or something like that.

I actually bought it from Whafrodamus and he had gotten it from someone else before I believe. I guess it was before the headstocks got ugly.

I barely play the DeArmond anymore! I'm always on the SX and Ibanez. I do like the DeArmond though. The fingerboard is fat, but it feels comfortable to me so I got no problems with it.

More like considering I was in a band with one of Ernie Ball's grandsons (but his parents made him move to Palm Springs). I simply don't have the money for one actually. They are sweet basses, but one problem I found when I played some at Casey's is that the preamp was way too hot. I played some bongos at the GC in Sacramento and they seemed fine, so there might be a Bongo in the future for me once I get a job and money.

Simply amazing. I was actually surprised at how well it sounded especially considering it has stock electronics in it. Surely has a good jazz sound!