Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Updated family photo

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Marlat, Apr 8, 2005.

1. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    [​IMG]

New additions:
    - Orange Kingston 5 Active (thanks Tim Cole!)

- Sunburst 88 Japan Jazz 4

- Natural Marcus Miller IV (thanks Brian Barret)

Sadly my 97 Fortress FLashback 5 is in Melbourne so didnt make it into the photo!

2. Nice collection Mark :bassist:

3. Funky Doctor

Funky Doctor

Aug 28, 2003
    Australia
    Who made the custom 6 mark?

4. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Neil Kennedy in Melbourne

5. I see you have an SX as well as the two signature jazz's!! How does the SX compare to the Marcus Miller?? I've played the marcus miller i think its one of the best jazz's ive played, but barring in mind the price difference how does the SX compare to those two great basses??

6. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Well to be honest the SX got defretted in a home defret job the minute I got it, so its certainly not as "playable" as the Miller Jazz (which I think is just a playing monster). Especially when you consider how poor my fretless playing is. That said, for the bucks the SX was a great bass (before I fiddled with it) and would certainly recommend it as a purchase.

Im still getting a feel for the 88 Jazz, but the Miller is definately a keeper. That said its my second Miller and the first I could just not get to feel right for me.