1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Updated family photos

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Alvaro Martín Gómez A., Oct 18, 2009.

1. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

Hi again.

I've just taken some pictures of my current bass family and thought I'd like to share a couple of them with you:

Family200901.

From left to right: 1999 red Sendel EUB made in Cali (Colombia), 1985 black Steinberger XL2, 2006 Desert Gold fretless 5-string EBMM Bongo, 2006 FireGlo Rickenbacker 4003, 1981 Peavey T-40, 2005 Lava Pearl 5-string EBMM Bongo, circa 2003 Honda ABG made in Bucaramanga (Colombia) and unknown-year/brand double bass with German bow. Also my complete vinyl records collection, which I've just put (and will stay) there.

Family200902.

Right now I'm not supposed to suffer from GAS because:

1- I'm still in honeymoon stage with my Steinberger XL2
    2- I'm FLAT BROKE!

But anyway, there are two items missing:

1- A non-Fender Kubicki Ex Factor (Used, in near-perfect condition and at a fair price)

2- A 100% custom bass (maybe two - fretted and fretless if I feel completely satisfied with the first one)

...and I'll be set (I think). :cool:

Thanks for your time! :)

2. southernrocker

southernrocker Banned

Apr 4, 2009
    What's going on with the rick's bridge pickup?

3. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

The "metal" (actually plastic) cover plate that comes stock with the instrument (I think that's what you're talking about).

4. what? no Fenders :)?

awesome collection
    love your Bongo vids and the Steiny vids

I keep telling you we need more dual screen videos!!

5. southernrocker

southernrocker Banned

Apr 4, 2009
    Yeah, I see it now. It had a reflection and looked like there was bare wood in the pup spot. I guess I'm so used to seeing exposed rick bridge pups.

Nice basses!

6. Very nice collection Alvaro!

7. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Very cool!

8. thisSNsucks

thisSNsucks I build Grosbeak Guitars and Basses Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Grosbeak Guitars
    nice, i love the steinberger!