1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Updated Family Pictures!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by GrooveWarrior, Apr 9, 2006.

1. I thought I would take advantage of the sunny (albeit cold) Southwestern Ohio day yesterday.

I had really never taken any decent (and these aren't great) pictures of my 2001 American Standard Jazz. I played about 3 dozen before I picked this one up one day, and the neck is perfect on this thing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I was also able to finally capture the true color of my new 2005 Warrior that I got in December.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is my acoustic. I searched and searched for this. It is a 1984 Alvarez-Yairi DY74C. I had played a 1984 DY74, and loved it, so I held out for a much harder to find cutaway version. Anybody who has played a mid 70's to mid 80's (or just about any year, for that matter) Yairi knows they are about the best bang for your buck out there!

[​IMG]

Here is my gu!@#r. It is a Peavey Predator. I put some Fender Custom Shop '54 pickups in it, shielded it, and put a black pearl pickguard on it. Why?!?!?!? These things have some of the nicest necks I have played. You can get them on eBay for about $150, but you have to be sure to get the one that says "Hand Crafted In America" on the back of the headstock and has the script "Predator" on the front.

[​IMG]

And my rig. EA iAmp 350, EA CXL210 cabinet. 1971 Fender PA 100 all tube PA head. I use this with the guitar through the EA cabinet (sometimes I use it with my Jazz), and my almost 2 year old daughter loves to sing through it with a mic plugged in. I occasionally use the Aphex Punch Factory compressor. You can also see my M-Audio Quattro USB interface I use to record.

[​IMG]

2. Jason Carota

Jason Carota

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Nice family you have there. That Jazz is amazing!

3. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    Nice rig,
    Great Jazz!!

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Nice pics, nice family :)

5. 1zero

1zero

May 20, 2005
    great basses man! that jazz is one of the most beautiful i've seen!

6. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Cool pics. I really like the Jazz. And the color on that Warrior is really nice as well.

7. Wow, I guess the traditionalists are on the board today. I didn't expect so many comments on the jazz. I'll have to post some sound clips. It is a pretty smokin' bass.

8. lpdeluxe

lpdeluxe Still rockin'

Nov 22, 2004
    Deep E Texas
    I'm a fool for natural/maple neck JBs. Very pretty.

9. Schwaa

Schwaa

Feb 25, 2006
    I really like the Warrior (looks anyway, haven't played 'em).

10. Sweet EA gear! And nice basses too.:)

11. Let's just say, I got rid of several basses when I got this one, and I bought it over the Sadowsky, Lull, Suhr, Smith, Modulus, and Dingwall that were hanging next to it. I never thought I would get a Warrior, but it sings!

12. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    Maybe it's the lighting, but that Ash jazz looks incredibly light. I love it! It's screaming for a dark, natural-finish wooden pickguard!

I also like the pickup config. on that Warrior. It makes sense, having the jazz pickup in the bridge and the MM in the middle. I like the knobs! Any info on the controls?

13. Nadav

Nadav

Nov 13, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    That jazz is beautiful, but the color of the Warrior is even more interesting...

14. It is the lighting on the jazz. It isn't that light. I have considered putting a tort guard on it.

As for the Warrior, the pickup configuration is very cool. I had never seen that before. I love the combination. I literally get the best tone when I have the pickups centered and the EQ flat (little mid boost @ 500Hz). The controls are volume, balance, mid boost/cut, stacked bass and treble boost/cut, and the switch is mid frequency select with 250, 500, and 800Hz. It is a Bart NTMB circuit that is modified by (or for) Warrior. It sounds good. Here are some clips of it. It is just me messing around. I need to get some real clips up.

http://www.talawanda.net/StaffWeb/rhotonc/classroom/page3/assets/Silly%20Monkey,%20Sad%20Monkey,%20Bad%20Monkey.mp3
    http://www.talawanda.net/StaffWeb/rhotonc/classroom/page3/assets/Warrior.m4a
    http://www.talawanda.net/StaffWeb/rhotonc/classroom/page3/assets/New%20Warrior.m4a

Here is a link with more pictures:
    http://www.talawanda.net/StaffWeb/rhotonc/classroom/page4/page1/page1.html

15. The first time I saw it, I thought it was the ugliest thing I had ever seen, then it started growing on me. I was checking it out for about two months in the shop. I kept telling myself that I wasn't supposed to like a Warrior that much. It is an incredible instrument.

16. Nice family! I'm in love with the Jazz bass!