Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

updates to product reviews

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Jon R, Apr 17, 2002.

1. A fellow TBer requested that I do a review on my bass... I put some thought and effort into it but have never seen it posted. It would be nice if reviews were posted within a day or two of their submission.

Other than that... keep up the good work! ;)

2. OK... so I'll reply to my own thread!

I guess I won't take the time to do any more reviews... they seem to be a LOW priority at TB. I just thought that if there were some really good reviews, and people read them, maybe you wouldn't need so many threads like... "What do you think of Eden heads?"

OK, I'll lighten up... after all, this is TB and it's the best bass forum anywhere. :cool:

3. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Doh! Sorry, I missed your first post. Review postings should be instantaneous. Something must be wrong with the review database. I'll look into it. I hope your submission hasn't been lost :(

4. Thanx Paul... sorry I sounded so crabby. Someone musta' burnt my toast or something... :oops:

Oh yah... keep up the good work. This really is one heck of a forum!

5. paul

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Update: Well, the review system checks out fine - I've tested it successfully, and new reviews have been submitted and posted in the last week... It must have been a glitch with your connection, when you hit "submit" (this is not uncommon, unfortunately...)

I think I'll change the system so that reviews are simply emailed to me instead of trying to insert them directly into the database via the web form. That will eliminate any problems like this in the future.

6. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Yeah, about this, Paul, did you ever get my ESP LTD C-305 bass review? I submitted it a week ago now, and it's not up. What gives?

7. paul

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    All I can say is the transaction didn't get through to the server then - all review submissions are tied in directly to the database, so submissions are instantly published. I'm out of the process. I'm sorry - hopefully some day I'll have the time to put in a new review collection system.