1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Upgardes to Peavey Grind 4 questions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RNV, May 13, 2010.

1. RNV

RNV

Apr 13, 2010
    Loxahatchee, Fl
    fEARful (I endorse them, not visa versa)
    I have a Peavey Grind NTB 4 and I noticed the amount of room under the back panel. Has anyone here turned their Grind into an active bass? Which preamp and pickups did you use? I generally play power/death metal and Ilways pick w/ my fingers. I have searched the forums and some threads almost give me some answers then they veer off.

2. MNAirHead

MNAirHead Supporting Member

Bart preamps commonly are not soldered to the pots..

Not a bass I'd put a ton of cash into.

3. RNV

RNV

Apr 13, 2010
    Loxahatchee, Fl
    I hear you, but I actually love the damn thing. I plays and sounds nice, I would just like to upgrade it some. My only complaint, if any, is there is only so much tone one can get out of it. But man is it comfortable to play.

4. MNAirHead

MNAirHead Supporting Member

I hear you..

Learning question.. what country was your bass made in (I get tons of peavey email)

Out of all of the options.. you can find a bart preamp used (I can find exact model numbers when you're ready) this would be the closest to design out there.. should cost under $100 used.

PM me if you want me to make the preamp call for you... have someone that will know.

Millenium Preamp is what is a popular Cirrus upgrade.. the factory MAY require a serial number for this option.

Another common Bartish preamp is a mitymite.. they normally have pots on the baords.

5. RNV

RNV

Apr 13, 2010
    Loxahatchee, Fl
    Korea I believe. It isn't with me right now. Its something that I want to do in the future, but I'm not GASing to do it right now. I was posing the question so I can get some feedback from anyone who may have gone the same route. I also have a Tobias, but I just love the feel of the Peavey, so i figured I would upgrade it and learn so while I do it. If I screw the thing up, well at least I didn't do it to a high dollar bass.

6. WoodyG3

WoodyG3

May 6, 2003
    Colorado, USA
    Bart preamps come in a wide variety of configurations and are pretty simple to install.

7. RNV

RNV

Apr 13, 2010
    Loxahatchee, Fl
    Cool.

8. subscribe