upgrade bridge for jazz bass

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by hondo8671, Jan 13, 2005.

1. hondo8671

Apr 22, 2004
    what are some upgrade bridges for the usa string thru body
    fender jazz i think hipshot does but who else? :bassist:
  2. There is of course the Leo Quann Badass 2 bridge which can be dropped in with no mods, but it's through the bridge only.

I believe Gotoh makes a good Fender style bridge, and Schaller might make a string thru bridge too. Both very reputable companies when it comes to guitar parts.
  3. r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Hipshot makes a bridge (Type A) that works through the body and through the bridge.
  4. At this time Leo Quan does not make a replacement bridge for this guitar. The original bad ass II does not line up with the strings and mounts with 5 screws. the new American string through body bridge mounts with 3 screws. There are no holes in the base plate of the bridge for the strings to go through. I have been in contact with Leo Quan CO. and they are working on a bridge for this guitar early 2005. Supposedly by the end of Febuary. :bassist:
  5. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    Gotoh 204 is inexpensive and a really nice bridge. It bolts right up without drilling and filing. The BadAss is good too, but you have to drill and file.
  6. hondo8671

Apr 22, 2004
    i was looking at them the other day, they look nice! the only thing i seen is it has 4 screw holes rather than the 3 that are in the standard bridge! i would have to redrill holes for hipshot
    any one out there done this ???? :D