Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

upgrade bridge for jazz bass

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by hondo8671, Jan 13, 2005.

1. hondo8671

hondo8671

Apr 22, 2004
    what are some upgrade bridges for the usa string thru body
    fender jazz i think hipshot does but who else? :bassist:

2. There is of course the Leo Quann Badass 2 bridge which can be dropped in with no mods, but it's through the bridge only.

I believe Gotoh makes a good Fender style bridge, and Schaller might make a string thru bridge too. Both very reputable companies when it comes to guitar parts.

3. r379

r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Hipshot makes a bridge (Type A) that works through the body and through the bridge.

4. At this time Leo Quan does not make a replacement bridge for this guitar. The original bad ass II does not line up with the strings and mounts with 5 screws. the new American string through body bridge mounts with 3 screws. There are no holes in the base plate of the bridge for the strings to go through. I have been in contact with Leo Quan CO. and they are working on a bridge for this guitar early 2005. Supposedly by the end of Febuary. :bassist:

5. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    Gotoh 204 is inexpensive and a really nice bridge. It bolts right up without drilling and filing. The BadAss is good too, but you have to drill and file.

6. hondo8671

hondo8671

Apr 22, 2004
    i was looking at them the other day, they look nice! the only thing i seen is it has 4 screw holes rather than the 3 that are in the standard bridge! i would have to redrill holes for hipshot
    any one out there done this ???? :D