1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Upgrade (movie)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Gorn, Jun 2, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Chicken butt

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Carrots

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Gorn

Gorn Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    I just saw this movie. It’s one of the best non franchise, original sci fi movies I’ve seen in a long time. Unique and weird and good. That’s all. Carry on.

NigelD, Oddly and soulman969 like this.
  2. DavetheDude

DavetheDude

Nov 28, 2014
    Germany
    And I thought you were talking of the upcoming 'Predator - Upgrade' at first :D and wondered about the non-franchise remark.

3. Gorn

Gorn Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    They’re making another one? Of course they are. Cuz why put out an original movie when you can make something that people already know.

I will say the acting was not good in this. The main guy is fake Tom Hardy. But the story was interesting, the action was great, the cinematography wasn’t nauseating, and the ending was surprising and satisfying. It was great.

4. Oddly

Oddly

Jan 17, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland.
    I'll put it on my watch-list.
    Thanks!

5. jasmangan

jasmangan

Jul 13, 2008
    From the title I thought it was a “Idiocracy” spin off. Too bad

PWRL likes this.
  6. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    When Gorn says it’s good sci fi, i want to see it. I’m a huge sci fi nerd but find most movies disappointing and prefer books instead. Can’t wait to try it on. Thanks!!

7. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost Translucently Groovy

I voted carrot and chicken-butt pot pie.

8. 48thStreetCustom

48thStreetCustom

Nov 30, 2005
    Colorado
    Seems like it's made for a 20-something demographic. That's not a bad thing, mind you.

9. Gaolee

Gaolee Official leathers tester and crash dummy

Mustang Sally!