1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Upgrade my warwick or my fender jazz?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by badboy1984, Mar 13, 2008.

1. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    I coming to a point that i can only afford to do 1 bass at the moment because of budget problem.

My warwick corvette STD passive is bought used i looking to change the tuner peg, bridge and knobs to god hardware and possible thinking about installing a preamp on the bass. (Already got a set of delano jazz pup in so no need for new pickup) Sound is great for me on this bass and like it so not sure shell i install a preamp or not.

My other choice are changing the stock pickup on my Fender 60 RI Jazz bass. I started off ok and like the bass and the sound but the hum i getting when i try to flavor certain pickup is getting my head in. So i looking for some hum canceling pickup for the bass.

Just not sure which bass shell i do .....

2. mothmonsterman

mothmonsterman

Feb 8, 2006
    which one do you play more?

3. SurrenderMonkey

SurrenderMonkey

Aug 18, 2006
    Liverpool
    I'd upgrade the Fender first.

4. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    I play all my bass equally. I don't bring any backup on church gig etc since i don't think i need it during worship. But i do rotate my bass each week so they all get to use in live and music practice etc.

5. SurrenderMonkey

SurrenderMonkey

Aug 18, 2006
    Liverpool
    If you play both, I think it makes more sense making sure the Fender doesn't hum first. Upgrading the vette completely will be more pricey and it's mainly cosmetic.

I think having the vette and Fender up to similar standard will help you in the long run. Then I suppose adding a pre to the vette is definitely an option, then you'll have the classic Fender tone and something that can be more modern.

I'd do the hardware upgrade as icing on the cake. :) BTW, black hardware, all the way!

just my thoughts.