1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

upgrade or buy new

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by blackpitt69, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Hi all

looking for advice on upgrading or changing mt bass

I have a Vintage fretless bass (not sure what as it doesnt seem to exist on any vintage web page)
    It's the bubenga body of the V940Fl but has passive pick ups.

I like the action and feel of the bass but the sound is weak and the sustain is bad. Aslo cross string response is not great.

Option A
    put a badass bridge , bone nut and some Duncan Seymore hot stack pickups on it and see what happens. Have a quote for 450 eyros to do this.

Option B
    buy a Warwick ProSeries Corvette Black Ash 4 string

Option C
    Buy a Ibenez GWB35

The two options below are just picked because of the make and price. I love Mick Karns Wal sound but would need to win the lotto to afford one.
    None of the shops near me stock either B or C above so I can't try before I buy. Has anybody played both of these who could offer a comparison?

Cheers
    Pitt

2. Forgot to mention, both Warwick and Ibenez that I mentioned are the fretless versions :D