Upgrade Question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PuNkJaSo, Dec 5, 2004.

1. PuNkJaSo

Dec 5, 2004
    I've been playing a p-bass squier for about 2 and a half years, and want to get a midpriced range bass(350-500), I've been checking into the Fender P-Bass Deluxe Special, [​IMG], i was wondering if any of you have played these and think they are good enough upgrade from a squier. I dont want just a regular fender pbass as its mostly the same as fender just better made. what do you guys think?
  2. Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    Tryin' find one to play and find out for yourself.
  3. The thing is you are putting active electronics in a 500 guitar so how much is that taking away from everything else? You may be better off going with the Fender MIM P-Bass Special. I have played that one and it is sweet Jazz neck and P-Bass Body. Noce and small and lighter than a Jazz . It is a tough decision. You may also want to look around for a fender JP90 J/P bass from the early 90's. they are Very nice too. Poplar P-Bass Body With a thin Jazz neck and P/J P-ups . Very nice I have two of them and a 2004 American Jazz Bass with the s1 switch. It is all a matter for personal feel and what sound you like. have fun
  4. PuNkJaSo

Dec 5, 2004
    yeah im kind of a noobie on this but what are active electronics? are they better or worse or what? i cant find a store in my area that carries the bass, so i dont know. ive also been looking at the jazz deluxe, but still not sure want. the styles of music im playing is anything really.not too much jazz, funk, or slap but like indie rock i guess or something.
  5. FireAarro

Aug 8, 2004
    That seems to be the new model of the Fender MIM P-Bass Special. If you check the Fender site the passive one has disappeared, but the new one isn't there yet. Besides, it's just about exactly the same except for the preamp.

Active electronics aren't better or worse, but different. Not everyone likes them. You'll be able to boost frequencies instead of just cutting them, and can get a more "modern" sound.