upgrade restoration (finally got my dream bass)

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by dreadheadbass, Dec 27, 2007.

1. dreadheadbass

dreadheadbass

Dec 17, 2007
    england
    hello guys n girls a few might be aware i was desperatly searching for an aria pro zzb.... well i finally got one and cheap too only one snag its in a horrid red colour and a bit worn out

these bass's aint worth a lot even if they are all vintage so i'm going to upgrade mine and turn it into the ultimate axe i could just use a few tips and tricks regarding components and hardware

ok lets start at the top and work down

headstock: needs decent machine heads, which would you recomend?

neck
    : new nut needed as well as a re-fret anyone recomend a good nut? and i'm thinking jumbo frets for this sucker

body: it needs stripping and painting i'm thinking maybe white seen as all my other bass's are black

electronics: neck pickup definatly a duncan seymour quater pounder what would work well with it for the bringe pickup?

bridge: would a badass 2 fit on this thing? if not any other suggestions welcome

other ideas: i'm thinking of painting the neck too (all white) if your unsure what this looks like take a look at the old rickenbacker tuxedo's i'm also thinkin of airbrushin the body with either black piping round the edges or a portrait of rasputin
    but i'm unsure about this

oh and finally i play a lot of heavy metal/power metal and i use heavy guage flats if that helps you decide on anything;)

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021