Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

upgrade to bigger combo or head/cabinet

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fell, Jan 24, 2006.

1. fell

fell

Jul 31, 2005
    somerset
    i am currently scraping by on a fatrat 60 watt combo, and it's fair to say that it is, well, ****e.
    so what should i do:confused: ? i dont really need a cabinet/head yet but it would be nice and possibly save time in the future, or should i upgrade to a good 200/300 watt combo (which is about the wattage i need)
    any feedback welcomed

2. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    i'd say if you "don't really need a cabinet/head" yet, then keep saving your money. if you want to buy new, later, then save up AT LEAST $1,000 or more.

3. spectorbass83

spectorbass83

Jun 6, 2005
    canada
    +1
    fight the GAS and save your money until you NEED to buy something bigger. Do you play in a band now? Are you doing shows? If you play by yourself in a bedroom then 60 watts is plenty!....ahhh screw it, buy yourself 2 8x10 ampeg cabs and get a rackmountable rig !!!!! :D :D :D Do it now!!! :bag:

4. fell

fell

Jul 31, 2005
    somerset
    thanks, ill probably get a warwick combo ccl210 neodyn/ccl neodyn. anyone have an opinion/advice about those amps? i know where i can get them pretty cheap so i wont be wasting money.