1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

upgrade to bigger combo or head/cabinet

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fell, Jan 24, 2006.

1. fell

fell

Jul 31, 2005
    somerset
    i am currently scraping by on a fatrat 60 watt combo, and it's fair to say that it is, well, ****e.
    so what should i do:confused: ? i dont really need a cabinet/head yet but it would be nice and possibly save time in the future, or should i upgrade to a good 200/300 watt combo (which is about the wattage i need)
    any feedback welcomed

2. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    i'd say if you "don't really need a cabinet/head" yet, then keep saving your money. if you want to buy new, later, then save up AT LEAST $1,000 or more.

3. spectorbass83

spectorbass83

Jun 6, 2005
    canada
    +1
    fight the GAS and save your money until you NEED to buy something bigger. Do you play in a band now? Are you doing shows? If you play by yourself in a bedroom then 60 watts is plenty!....ahhh screw it, buy yourself 2 8x10 ampeg cabs and get a rackmountable rig !!!!! :D :D :D Do it now!!! :bag:

4. fell

fell

Jul 31, 2005
    somerset
    thanks, ill probably get a warwick combo ccl210 neodyn/ccl neodyn. anyone have an opinion/advice about those amps? i know where i can get them pretty cheap so i wont be wasting money.