1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Upgrades/touch-up's for my Highway One P-Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rageagainsttx, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Rageagainsttx

Rageagainsttx

Jan 30, 2007
    Hello,

I am wanting to touch up my P-Bass now that i finally have a bit of money to spare. Here are some pictures of it that i took today (sorry if they're a bit big):

DSCN1883.

DSCN1884.

DSCN1888.

DSCN1896.

DSCN1898.

DSCN1902.

What I'm wanting to do is this:
    - Maybe buy it a new pick guard, a black one. Would that look tacky? I saw a picture of one and i thought it looked pretty cool: http://www.guitar-emporium.com/photos/4627B.jpg

- I also want to get some straplocks, does anyone have any recommendations as to which i should buy?

- If anyone has any suggestions for me and what i should do to my bass, i would be more than happy to hear them. I want to really make my bass as best as i can, and i obviously don't know of everything that's out there for basses.

Thanks alot!

2. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Go tort, or mint.

Dunlop straploks

Drop D tuner, and a setup

3. TC2112

TC2112 Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Parke County, Indiana
    my avatar is my honey blonde HWY 1 with tort guard. black would look good too.
    I also have a Honey Blonde jazz with a chocolate brown guard that looks great IMO
    Saw the gig bag laying there on the floor - a great upgrade is protection. maybe look for a hardshell case

4. Marshbass

Marshbass

Dec 7, 2006
    Australia
    have you thought about swapping out the pickup for something different?

5. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    Yep thats pretty much what i would do.I only use dunlop straplocks there great , set ups are very important if it has not had one, tort would look awesome IMO

6. Soverntear

Soverntear

Mar 17, 2008
    Toronto
    id say go black PG

stap locks, i use schaller and have had no problems yet

a setup is in order

7. Rageagainsttx

Rageagainsttx

Jan 30, 2007
    What Drop D tuner would you suggest?
    And yes, im definitely getting a setup very soon, thanks

Do you have any pictures of your bass with the chocolate brown gaurd? Sounds really interesting!

What kind of pickup did you have in mind?

I've been reading a lot of good things about dunlop straplocks, ill for sure look into those

I'll look into the schallers too, thanks!

8. Kyon`

Kyon`

Aug 17, 2007
    Boston, MA
    I would only change the pickups if you're unhappy with them.

9. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    For a detuner hipshot makes a great one that would match your other tuners well,if you dont detune alot tho a detuner is not really worth it.

10. Rageagainsttx

Rageagainsttx

Jan 30, 2007
    True, i think im pretty happy with them actually lol

I actually play standard at home, but when i play with my band, we tune to drop D only, so i think a detuner would be a great investment!

11. meatwad

meatwad

Apr 9, 2008
    Smallville, USA
    The black 3-ply P/G is definitely in order! Cosmetically, I'd stop there.

12. Rageagainsttx

Rageagainsttx

Jan 30, 2007
    I actually saw a 3-ply PG that was black/cream/black and thought maybe that would go a bit better, what do you think?

13. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
  14. Rageagainsttx

Rageagainsttx

Jan 30, 2007