1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Upgrading all around

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Motioneso, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Motioneso

Motioneso

May 4, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    In the next few months I should be getting a nice Honeyburst Stingray 5. I've been needing a new bass for years, but being a poor college student/musician most of my money goes towards rent and food and such.

With the bass upgrade I'd like to start thinking about my rig as well. This area is honestly pretty new to me. Currently I've got a 4 case rack with a power conditioner, Korg DTR-1000, and a GK 1001RB-II running through an older Ampeg 8 x 10. I've enjoyed the tone so far (mostly play indie/alternative rock with some singer songwriter/worship gigs thrown in) but wouldn't mind tweaking it even more. So, what would you do next? I'm up for saving up for anything, I've got a few gigs and studio jobs coming up so some cash should flow in. I figured I would tap the knowledge bass here and see what you all say.

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Sounds to me like you've got a great rig already. Wait till you get the new bass, plug it in, and see how you feel after that.