Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Upgrading an Ibanez GSR190

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Usul, Nov 4, 2000.

1. Just wondering if would be worthwhile or a stupid waste to put some nicer pickups,bridge,pots,etc. on my GSR190?

This is a nice lil beginner bass for the money,it was part of the Jumpstart Bass setup that I bought.As soon as tax time comes,I plan to buy a bit nicer bass.

Can`t and won`t sell my "black beast" even though she is a cheapy,I like the feel of her.Just toying with the idea of upgrading some componants to make her a really decent 2nd bass is all.Thanks for you thoughts and comments!
    Sir Usul

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Moved to Setup.

Will C.:cool:

3. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Now, if this was a Fender Jazz (or P) - or the Squier versions - or even a cheap (but accurate!) copy of a Fender, I'm sure there are lots of upgrades you could do - different bridges, pickups, hardware replacements etc.

But - what is a GSR190? I have no idea what it looks like, what the dimensions are and whether there are any upgrades available at all, that will fit without some extensive work being done - and I don't think there are many people out there who will know either.

4. 311 fan

311 fan

Sep 24, 2000
    La Verne, CA
    Dont. Just get a new one. Ill recommend the BTB. Check it out.