upgrading bass

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by cmaster7, Mar 18, 2005.

1. cmaster7

Mar 16, 2005
    I own an ibanez edb500 and am intrested in uprating the pickups.
    What pickups should I get, I want a punchy sound.

Here is a pic of the bass if its helpful

Attached Files:

2. Honestly, I have no idea at all.. I just felt bad because everyone else had'nt even taken time to write a replay best of luck in moding your bass man! Good luck... :bassist:
  3. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Get yourself some EMG's.
  4. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    I have absolutely no experience with Ibanez. I wouldn't even know where to tell you to start.
  5. JMN357

Feb 24, 2005
    EMG soapbars perhaps? does MEC sell to the public, maybe they have sometihng??
  6. srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    Check with EMG. I sent them an email about changing the pickups on my SRX300 and they were very helpful.

Measure the existing pick ups. EMG will give you dimensions on their pick up's and you will be able to figure out what is going to fit.

Most likely the 35 series (4-string) or
    40 series (5-string ) will work.

good luck.
  7. 11Bravo

11Bravo In That Pocket

Feb 4, 2005
    bartolini may have somthing that will fit,or you'll have to mod the bass.
  8. bass101

Mar 23, 2005
    What ever you do don't hack up your body. I've seen some pretty bad jobs at my local luthier's shop.

I'm pretty sure that EMG, Duncan, and Bartolini all have p/ups that will fit. Just get the demensions and look up their web sites. Most of them have their p/up demensions online.

Good luck. Let us know how you make out.
  9. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    SELL THE BASS. I had one of those, and selling it was the best thing I've ever done. Then get a better and more upgradable bass. You can stick with the Ibanez lines and go to the Soundgear (you can get different P/J pickups, bridges, etc), or get something else. It's your call.