1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Upgrading... comments on WT-400??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Wattoosi, Nov 26, 2001.

1. Hi everybody... I'm a newbie on this forum (which I think is cool [not me being a newbie, but the forum!]). Anyway, I've been playing bass in a small band for about 3 years using a Crate 100 w combo. Am planning to upgrade. A friend of mine has an Eden 400 combo (Metro) which I think sounds awesome. I am looking for a clean, compressed, tight on the low lows, with plently of power for a smallish room. I have an opportunity to get an Eden WT400 used. What do you think?? I was first looking at GK, but it has no compression built in and so without being able to A/B the two, I am leaning toward the Eden. Eventually, am thinking of a 2x10 cab or a 4x10, if I can find one cheap enough... Hey, thanks for the help!

2. Richard Lindsey

Richard Lindsey

Mar 25, 2000
    Metro NYC
    For my tastes, between Eden and G-K it's Eden every time, by a good margin.

3. I'll second that, although I have heard of GK's being more reliable. Just hearsay...

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

I have heard of reliability problems with GK, but that's just hearsay as well.

Tonewise, I would take the Eden in a heartbeat.

5. eshears

eshears

Jul 30, 2001
    Spokane, WA
    I have a WT-400 and a an Eden 410XLT, and I get incredible tone. Tight, punchy, lots of bass, and a surprising amount of volume from such a small rig.

Eric