1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

upgrading earbuds from sony ericsson w810i

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by vindy500, Nov 21, 2006.

1. so i got this new phone but using it as a mp3 the standard earbuds lack bass big time. i have some nice sennheisers but dont want to go out in public with em if you know what i mean, what do you guys recommend as nice cheapish ear buds with decent bass response.

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    I just got the same phone! Got it on friday. :hyper:

Stupid question: have you tried the different EQ settings? There's a couple extra bass settings on the phone, one of which is really bass heavy, So much I don't use it. The headphones work great for me.

3. Cerb

Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    Indiana
    I was going to mention Sennheiser in-ears when I saw the title, but I'm guessing those are what you have already got.

4. really? i have it on a bass setting, i have a song which is just strumming along and then the bass drum comes in heavily, going boom boom boom, but i hear well strumming... whered the bass drum go! apart from the headphones tho very nice phone. and to cerb, no my sennheisers are hd457's not earbuds... only for home use

5. The_D

The_D Well, thats like your opinion. Man...

Mar 20, 2004
    Fife, Scotland
    Is that the Ericsson with a joystick?

If so I am sorry dude you are gonna get annoyed with it.

I know they have changed to 4 directional buttons on newer models but the last 2 Ericssons I have had the joystick gets really bad after about 6 months.

My next phone wont have a joystick.

Other than that they make great fones and I have had no other problems.

6. no, it has a round circular button with arrows and a middle key

7. [​IMG] this one

8. The_D

The_D Well, thats like your opinion. Man...

Mar 20, 2004
    Fife, Scotland
    No problems then.

Still cant help you with the earphones but you have a good fone there. I think my next one will be the camera version rather than the walkman. I just dont listen to enough music on the go to justify it :)

They are bringing one out which is focussed more on the camera than the walkman and it is supposed to be awesome. 5 megapixel with optical zoom and everything.

I cant upgrade for 8 months yet anyway so I aint in no rush :)