1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Upgrading from Fender Rumble 15

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 31robot, Aug 2, 2012.

1. 31robot

31robot

Aug 2, 2012
    I'm thinking about the Fender Bronco 40. I usually play alone, so no need for a performance amp. Is the one I'm thinking about good, or should I get a different one?

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Totally and completely personal preference. If you absolutely KNOW you will never jam with a band, what you use at home is purely subjective. Use your ears.

3. PlungerModerno

PlungerModerno

Apr 12, 2012
    Ireland
    If the bronco sounds good to you - and isn't too expensive I'd have no problem recommending it.

My advice would be to get something with a little more 'juice' in case you change your mind (want to jam with a percussionist or other musician who likes it on the loud side...)

You can definitely get a good amp for the price of the bronco 40. That includes the bronco 40 (most amps are good - I'd say fender amps are no exception, but I've never played a bronco so I can't speak.)

I'm getting a 115 cab and a GK micro head - but that's because I want to play some thick deep bass.... at decent volumes. The bronco may not stretch if you play low heavy bass...