1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Upgrading from SRX300

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dalmazian, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Dalmazian

Dalmazian

Jan 7, 2007
    Connecticut
    Hey all, thanks for looking. The title pretty much says it. The SRX300 was my first bass, i love this thing, but i want to upgrade. I am looking for something similar. I like the size of everything, and you all seem to give excellent advice here, so i figured this would be the place to ask around. What would you recommend i take a look at? I play mostly rock. Thanks in advance.

2. I had an SRX390 for a while. It was nice but I recently sold it and got an SR500. I like the SR500 because I can get a better selection of sounds. I play rock but I also play a lot of country. I have an Ibanez BTB400QM also but I'm thinking about selling it and getting a Fender Jazz. I like Ibanez basses but the jazz would give me my Fender "fix".
    I just started playing again recently so I'm out of the loop as for as to what's available but you'll get plenty of feedback from others on here.

3. Dalmazian

Dalmazian

Jan 7, 2007
    Connecticut
  4. Dalmazian

Dalmazian

Jan 7, 2007
    Connecticut
  5. nonohmic

nonohmic Supporting Member

Dec 13, 2005
    ABQ, NM.
    Well reading the other thread about the SRX700 - looks like the hardware tarnishes fairly easily and that the electronics don't live up to the 500 series.

I say Fender.