1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Upgrading from starter bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Scoopadoo, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Scoopadoo

Scoopadoo

Oct 17, 2010
    Hey all, looking to upgrade basses from my starter bass, and recently discovered Aria Pro II's from the matsumoku era. Literally just lost a Aria Pro II SB-R80 bid on ebay by 23p :bawl: and was wondering if anyone here has one for sale or could recommend something similar in price range, style and tone.

I play generally rock/hard rock, happy enough with 4string and use an ashdown stack. Any thoughts?

2. LaklandBass

LaklandBass

Jan 26, 2005
    IL
    Personally I think that Ibanez offers some of the best value and performance in instruments at any price.
    I play a stingray 5 HH and needed something cheap to use as a backup and drag to the ghetto for practices. I went to my local GC and found an Ibanez soundgear for $350 that sounds great and plays really well especially considering the cash.