Upgrading MIA Standard Jazz Bass Bridge

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by music_man, Aug 27, 2018.

1. music_man

music_man

May 30, 2007
    Rio de Janeiro
    Dear TBssists,

I am the proud owner of a 97' "N series" American Standard Jazz Bass. Thinking about enhancing the quality of it and believe a new bridge is an interesting upgrade. The strings are throuhg body.

Everything in my bass is stock except for the pup's - installed a pair of CS 60s about ten years ago.

I've been reading about mod bridges and the impact they have in tone and sustain. The stock bridge seems fragile, and apart from breaking a string from time to time (specifically the G string) I don't see any problems at all. However I may be missing out on an opportunity to upgrade my instrument.

I noticed the new American Elite series come with a high mass fender bridge, and apart from the looks they look very solid. I know many players use Badass and other brands, but I would like to stick with Fender products as much as possible. I might be wrong but believe it conserves the value of the instrument.

Has anyone attempted to upgrade from a standard bridge to a hi mass on a Fender jazz with these characteristics? If so, what is your take on it?

Best to you all.

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 25, 2021