Right now as I await the arrival of my new Carvin, I'm still stuck playing on my old Aria. When I get the Carvin I will still need a 4 banger (fretted) and I was wondering if it would be worth it to swap the pups for DiMarzios and get a new fret job done (they are getting rather dead) Or would it just be better to keep it as is and save for a better 4. (like maybe a sterling around xmas or march) or if I REALLY like the Carvin another Carvin (but I doubt it, I like to have a diversity of basses). Another thing is the neck of my ARIA is starting to worry me. all along the back there are these little lines (kinda like if someone took a knife and just made a bunch of tiny slits) it's getting pretty uncomfortable but I doubt it will actually dammage the neck (at least not for a long time) And I reckon they could just be sanded down (PROFESSIONALY! I don't touch tools) Anyways enough ranting what do you guys think? I'm lenaing more towards the Sterling idea. but I am not sure if I will have enough cash (and if I do I may not want to spend it all on another bass) I am now open for suggestions!