Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Upgrading the ole' Aria.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sargebaker, Jul 16, 2004.

1. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    Right now as I await the arrival of my new Carvin, I'm still stuck playing on my old Aria. When I get the Carvin I will still need a 4 banger (fretted) and I was wondering if it would be worth it to swap the pups for DiMarzios and get a new fret job done (they are getting rather dead) Or would it just be better to keep it as is and save for a better 4. (like maybe a sterling around xmas or march) or if I REALLY like the Carvin another Carvin (but I doubt it, I like to have a diversity of basses). Another thing is the neck of my ARIA is starting to worry me. all along the back there are these little lines (kinda like if someone took a knife and just made a bunch of tiny slits) it's getting pretty uncomfortable but I doubt it will actually dammage the neck (at least not for a long time) And I reckon they could just be sanded down (PROFESSIONALY! I don't touch tools)

Anyways enough ranting what do you guys think? I'm lenaing more towards the Sterling idea. but I am not sure if I will have enough cash (and if I do I may not want to spend it all on another bass) I am now open for suggestions!