Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

upgrading to Gallien Krueger...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by manavdhir, Aug 31, 2005.

1. manavdhir

manavdhir

Aug 25, 2005
    hey guys

i currently own a 15W Fender Rumble and am looking to upgrade soon to a Gallien Krueger, possibly the Backline 110 combo.

I just wanna know if this is a decent sounding amp as i haven't been able to try one out yet.

Any thoughts/opinions on this amp would be very helpful.

Cheers,

Manav

2. bassbully43

bassbully43

Jul 1, 2005
    I have a BL210 great amp ...great warranty and Daniel Elliot posts here (GK Rep) on Talkbass...talk about customer service! :p

3. Richard Lindsey

Richard Lindsey

Mar 25, 2000
    Metro NYC
    Just a question, not a flame--but why are you already planning to upgrade to an amp that you haven't even heard and don't know the sound of? Wouldn't it make more sense to ask, OK, I want to upgrade to a somewhat larger combo, I can spend about this much, what would be some good choices? IOW, why paint yourself into a box befopre you've really considered the choices out there?

This is nothing against G-K, BTW; it could still turn out to be the best option for you (or not). I'm just saying, why predetermine things?