1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Upgrading

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by StandYourGround, Oct 15, 2004.

1. I am currently running the GK 400RB-IV into a GK Backline 115 and GK Backline 210 cabs, but I'm just not acheiving the sound I hope for. Also, I need cabs with better handling so when I need to upgrade my head I can. Anyways, I've been looking around on these forums and some other places and I think I may have an idea. I'm going to sell my cabs for as much as I can get for them, then order the Avatar 212 and 210 (I'm thinking Pro on this one). Obviously getting both at 8 ohms. Anyways, what do you think of this. Avatar is cheap but all I hear are good things and I don't have too much money to spend. Thanks!

2. anyone gonna help me out?

3. I can say without a doubt that the B212 is money well spent. Last I checked Avatar is running a great special on these cabs right now. I don't know s#!+ about the other cabs in question.

4. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    All I can say is Avatar are really lucky they got their name on this board :)