Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Upgrading

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by StandYourGround, Oct 15, 2004.

1. I am currently running the GK 400RB-IV into a GK Backline 115 and GK Backline 210 cabs, but I'm just not acheiving the sound I hope for. Also, I need cabs with better handling so when I need to upgrade my head I can. Anyways, I've been looking around on these forums and some other places and I think I may have an idea. I'm going to sell my cabs for as much as I can get for them, then order the Avatar 212 and 210 (I'm thinking Pro on this one). Obviously getting both at 8 ohms. Anyways, what do you think of this. Avatar is cheap but all I hear are good things and I don't have too much money to spend. Thanks!

2. anyone gonna help me out?

3. I can say without a doubt that the B212 is money well spent. Last I checked Avatar is running a great special on these cabs right now. I don't know s#!+ about the other cabs in question.

4. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    All I can say is Avatar are really lucky they got their name on this board :)