1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Upright Bass 4 sale in Manhattan

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by Rev The Cook, Jan 16, 2004.

1. Rev The Cook

Rev The Cook

Jan 16, 2004
    Hey guys. I'm selling my Samuel Shen 3/4 upright bass. It's in very good shape, comes with an adjustable bridge, a fishman pickup, a "bob's bass bag", which is a reallly high quality soft case, and a bow of unknown origin.

I also have a Fender Squire electric bass guitar and a small Honeytone amp that I'd make a really good deal on if you wanted the lot.

I'm asking $1800/obo for the upright, we can haggle on the others if you want them.

I live on the upper east side of Manhattan, a nice neighborhood and about the only place in NYC where you can find a parking space if you'd want to come in from out of town. I don't have a car, though, so I can't deliver.

Email me if you're interested or for more details.
    yardsale@atomiclunch.com

2. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    yo, Rev - I didn't know you was a talkbassin' fool now!

Good luck sellin' that thing, it's about half the size of yo' apartment. Nice bass, tho.

=0)

3. Rev The Cook

Rev The Cook

Jan 16, 2004
    Dave, ya sandle-wearing freak. If you'd have bought it before I left VA, it would have saved me a lot of hassle.

Did I mention that if anyone from the TalkBass forum buys it, I'll throw in a free Fender Squire bass? How's that for a deal?

Come on, buy my bass. I need that corner for my coat tree.

4. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    I have too many basses as it is, read my signature. Really though, a full-on double bass is just too much for me, space and money being a large part of that. I might buy an EUB in the future though. or at least a FEBGOAS. (copyright Bob Gollihur)

Sorry I can't help ya - but your thread is getting free bumps this way!

Email or call anytime, though, freak.

5. Rev The Cook

Rev The Cook

Jan 16, 2004
    Just keep those marzipan pigs coming my way and all will be good.

And in order to justify this post as being "on topic" I'll also mention that I have a small Honeytone practice amp that I can throw in on the deal. I could use that space under my coffee table.

6. hi rev, i was unable to reach you via your link. i'd like to know more about the bass if you still have it. i live about an hours drive from you. thanks, george

7. Rev The Cook

Rev The Cook

Jan 16, 2004
    Ah, monkeybutter. I forgot I was using that email here when I deleted it. Try me at search@atomiclunch.com

I was wondering why I wasn't getting any emails about it.

Anyway, I still have the bass. Send me an email.

search@atomiclunch.com