1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale Upright Bass for Blues, Bluegrass, Country, Rockabilly, Slap

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by Bobby King, Oct 10, 2018 at 11:37 PM.

1. Bobby King

Bobby King Supporting Member

May 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Price:
    Strings:
    This is a unique upright that was restored by a Nashville musician. It's unusual looking - it has a blonde maple fingerboard, a brown finish, and some western-style tooling on the tailpiece and back. It's a solid wood bass, age and origin unknown, but it's in solid shape and plays and sounds great! It has a pickup and is strung with a new set of LaBella Supernil strings. It's particularly well suited for blues, bluegrass, rockabilly, country, slap and other roots music, but I've also had steel strings on it and it was good for jazz and bowing as well. This would be a great bass for Lower Broadway :)

$795 obo pickup in Nashville area. I may be able to meet you within a reasonable distance.

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018 at 7:15 PM
    Inara likes this.
  2. Bummer I’m out here in California. I really dig the vibe on that bass. If no one local bites are you willing to ship it?

3. Bobby King

Bobby King Supporting Member

May 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Here's a little video where you can hear the bass. Pardon the jam face :)

DonaldFraser likes this.