Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Upright teacher in Arcata/Humboldt area

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Justin V, Sep 29, 2003.

1. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    I'm posting this looking for someone who could give me private lessons on Upright. I've been playing electric for about three years now, but HSU doesn't really have any programs for electric bass. My AM Jazz band leader has been sorta pushing me from the start to pick up DB for my parts like the other bass player. I'm taking a begginning strings class, but it's so crowded with violins and violas that I keep getting bored with the lack of progress that the other bassist and I are making in the class. I would try to teach myself more, but I don't want to spend time developing REALLY bad habits like I did with electric for a year before taking lessons.

So, if anyone knows of a good teacher for DB around this area, I would GREATLY appreciate it.

2. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Contact Geoff Daugherty (707)443-4878. He does some bass repairs; good bassist too. He's the son of Bob Daugherty, who's well known in DB circles.

If you reach him, say "hi" from me, we used to be housemates in Eureka.

3. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    Thanks. Will do.