UPS brought me a present!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Vox Populi, Oct 6, 2005.

1. Vox Populi

Vox Populi Reggae Loving Honkey

Jan 27, 2004
    Poulsbo, WA
    Look what the UPS man brought for me today! It's quite a hunk of bass, no wonder the guy was having trouble lugging it to the door:

Ibanez BTB 405QM. My first fiver. It'll take a little getting used to the 35" scale. But I like it, tonal versitility all over the place.

When it came the action was really high and the neck had way too much relief in it. So I'm in the process of setting it up. Letting the neck settle from a truss rod adjustment at the moment.
  2. johans

johans G.U.I - Groovin' under influence

Oct 28, 2004
    the Bay Area, CA
    you'll like it

its... 18V
  3. weeding

May 17, 2005
    What's the B string feel like?

I hate you
  4. That's a purdy blue.

Congrats, and welcome to the world beyond 4 strings.

Disclaimer:I have nothing against 4 strings, I own/play one alot.
  5. Scissor Man

Scissor Man

May 7, 2005
    I'm liking that finish.

I used to own an Ibanez, you can get the action set up pretty low on those things.
  6. Congratulations!!! That's a nice finish!!!
  7. Vox Populi

Vox Populi Reggae Loving Honkey

Jan 27, 2004
    Poulsbo, WA
    It's a 35" scale, so it's a pretty nice B. I ran it through my old-as-hell Boss 8 track and into cakewalk yesterday, and it's a beast for recording! Great recorded tone.

I'm already finding it easier to get around the longer neck after just a day, so I'm adjusting pretty well.
  8. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    How heavy are those bridges?
  9. nice looking bass
  10. LA

Oct 17, 2001
    I still miss my BTB405 even though I have another 35" scale bass to replace it. I also think the blueberry color is the best. I'd like for them to offer a bright white and a transparent green for the BTB series, but that's probably asking for too much.
  11. Congrats. I've had mine (black) for close to three years now & It's my favorite gigging/recording bass. I love that I can tune it to Bb and the B string is piano tight. The only complaint I have is the color choices. I'm picking up a 4 string BTB400 this weekend, but the only color it's available in is red - and I can't stand red instruments. Still, I love the way they feel so I can overlook the color discrepancy. I think you'll really dig your BTB. Enjoy!

JJBACOOMBA Commercial User

May 31, 2005
    San Antonio, Texas
    Lecompte Bass Owners Club Member #2
  13. Thats a sweet bass, i love the mid shift!

Ive got its 6 string bretheren, in what is apparently black, but its cool, seems more like a really dark purple, very nice basses, congrats :D