Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

UPS came today with the sound of wood!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SoyBase, Oct 25, 2002.

1. SoyBase

SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    I just got my Warwick Streamer Jazzman 5 in today. This thing is great! I was a bit skeptical about the Warwick and was torn between it and the Spector. Im glad I got this instead. This thing really is flawless and under close inspection, I can see nothing wrong. The flame maple has a nice tight grain and the ash back has some great grain as well. The setup was perfect and the tone, man, the tone is sweet! Not overly bright, but nice and deep with a very subtle growl. The neck isnt like the baseball bat ones I've played recently. It seems to have a pretty decent tapered radius to it. The one thing I do want to get is the brass nut. Does anyone know where I can buy one?
    I'll post up some pics..pardon the photography. Im no Ansel Adams.

Thanks
    Tommy

2. SoyBase

SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    Close up of the body.

3. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    wow, that's a dead ringer for the one I played, except I think yours has more figuring.

I remember what an awesome bass that is. I'm sure you're going to enjoy that one for a long time!
    That's one of the few designs that I felt 'fit' just right.

Have fun man!

4. SoyBase

SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    I almost forgot to give mad props to the guys at Bass Central for hooking me up on this deal too. Drop shipped it straight from the distributor for me.
    Thanks Guys!

Tommy

5. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Nice wood you're sporting there! :D

6. Sahbiot

Sahbiot

Aug 28, 2002
    Australia, Sydney
    Yeah I like the Grain on that, Congrats mate! I also bought my Streamer Jazzman 5-string at Basscentral also, good service indeed. Is yours a 2002 model?

7. AARG everyone getting streamer jazzmen! SO JEALOUS!

8. Is the volume "pull-switch" for passive mode (can be run w/o battery?). I am also interested in a Streamer Jazz.. too bad they aree costly.. or maybe I dont earn enough money? ;)

9. SoyBase

SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    Mine has the push/pull "slap" contour switch from the Seymour Duncan pre. I would rather it be a active/passive switch since I dont use the contour at all..
    Thanks
    Tommy

10. ** freddy mercury voice on **

pom pom pom.. another one bites the dust.. yeah another one.. another one bites the dust... :

** freddy mercury voice off **

:D

welcome to the club :)

11. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Congrats, man. Welcome to the Streamer clan.
    Doc

12. SoyBase

SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    Im just itching to try this thing out at rehearsal now...I"ll give an update on that ASAP..

13. Tommy,
    Nice Warwick! You're not replacing that sweet new Eshenbaugh you just got, are you?

14. SoyBase

SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    Whats up Dave!
    Actually, the Eshenbaugh is in route to Mark as we speak. I worked a trade with him for a new one with a Beeswing Bubinga body and maple back. I know he's going to be selling the cherry one at a music shop in Greenville with an Aggie OBP3 preamp. I think it will be a good trade and I've always loved the look of Bubinga.
    The Warwick will be my stage/beater bass along with the Rays

Tommy

15. So there is another model with the active/passive switch.. hmm.. that is desireable. To me at least. :)

Maybe the basslines? Wait a minute isnt the seymor D the same? well now im confused..

16. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    you have bought the bigger brother of my bass!!!

stremer jazzman are for me great basses. enjoy the beast!

here's mine:

17. Wow. I wish I had a woody like that. :D

18. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    oooo she is nice..

Enjoy her!

19. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN