Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

UPS came today!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by vegaas, Jun 21, 2004.

1. vegaas

vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    Milwaukee
    Just got my Spector! :D
    Its used, by looks like new.
    Pics of it as well as my whole "family" coming soon.
    BTW, the family consists of the Spector Euro, Warwick Thumb Bolt On, Ibanez EDC4, Eden RR 600, Eden 410XLT and an Ampeg 115 classic.
    Not quite as impressive as some here on TB, but I am feeling pretty good about. :bassist:
    Peace,
    Vegaas

2. that is a very respectable family.

robb.

3. cetera

cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    Any family with a Spector at it's head is highly respectable! :bassist:

4. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    Good choice man, you can't go wrong with a Spector :)

5. Beammeup

Beammeup

Oct 7, 2002
    Denmark
    Hi Vegaas...

Congrats on the new familymember.

We want to see :hyper:

6. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    I played a Rebop 5 (natural finish, black hardware) the other day and loved it. I keep thinking about going back to play it again and maybe put it on layaway or something, but I won't let myself cause I don't need more basses. I need lessons, so I'm paying for those instead.

Post pics and make me GAS myself. :)

7. vegaas

vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    Milwaukee
    The Spector rocks! Played it through my Eden last night with my band. All I can say is wow! Very warm sound. Thin, fast neck. Very low action. I have never had a neckthru before, and man, the sustain is crazy. If the Euro neckthru is this good, I cant even imagine what the U.S. model sounds like.
    As for the asthetics (sp?), I was a little worried that the green color wouldnt look as good as it did in the pictures. I was wrong, it looks fantastic. My bandmates love this bass. I couldnt be happier right now.
    Pics coming this weekend.

8. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    Sweet man, you'll just love it more and more in the future. I shelved my Pedulla ET-6 about 2 weeks after I got my first spector Euro-5. About the only thing I can suggest is get different strings. The ones they come with aren't exactly quality. I use DR Extra Life on mine. I think Firk uses D'Addario's

9. vegaas

vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    Milwaukee
    Thanks BW, I was thinking about posting a question about what strings work best with the Spector. I might try the Blue Steels, but I am afraid it would sound too bright.

10. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    It's a preference thing, or what you get really, really cheap!

I have been playing D'Addario since I was 16. I haven't really tried much of anything else. I have always been super happy with my tone.

11. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    What strings do Spectors come with, out of curiousity?

I didn't see that information on the site, and couldn't tell what they were by playing the one I did.