ups...devil.. are they the same

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Gulice, Oct 17, 2002.

1. Gulice

Sep 13, 2002
    Right now im very angry at ups. Theyve been shipping my bass, and for the past week have been changing the tracking # date to the day after. when it said tuesday now it says wednesday, so i was finnally getting my hopes up being this long, but once again its been delayed. At least now i know its in a city 2 hours from here and might be here tomorrow, i want my peavey cirrus 5 *sigh*
  2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    the tracking number, a blessing and a curse all rolled into one! :);)
  3. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Actually, UPS is an acronym:

U People Suck

...I swear, they could destroy a steel ball in a titanium case, if they don't lose it first.

4. :D And don't forget to make their day and write Fragile or DO NOT BEND on the box first.

Mike J.
  5. lneal

Apr 12, 2002
    Lee County, Alabama

USPS isn't so nifty either. I won some cool NOS tubes on ebay a while back and the guy who sent them to me wrote "Fragile" on the box (idiot!). When I got it, the box was smashed flat right on the "Fragile" mark! Fortunately, my tubes survived OK, but it just goes to show that there are idiots at all points along the parcel shipping process.
  6. Gulice

Sep 13, 2002
    fedex all the way, i have my computer parts for my bussiness shipped fedex all the time, always come on time and without damage
  7. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nah they aren't the same..

The devil is usually on time. except for when Sadam stays over... then he has trouble getting out of bed ;) (Southpark)
  8. BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    lol. Fragile must be like a curse word to those UPS guys or something, cause they sure do get pist at those boxes with it on them.
  9. Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Adam Sandler as the Waterboy voice on:

"Mama says UPS is the Devil"

Waterboy voice off.

They did manage to ship one of my packages half way across the country to within 5 miles of my house and then back to it's original location. I was calling them everyday for 2 weeks til they finally figured out where my package was.
  10. Usually
    Parked in the

Ever since that little strike they had and me almost missing out on my lacrosse gear (right before a tourney), I have lost faith in those brown-clothed guys. I'm not fond of them leaving your brand new BASS on your front porch or with a mysterious neighbor....
  11. I used to work on the 12th floor of a buisness building.

From up there you get a good look at misc. vehicles of all sorts.

I always thought it was very funny how UPS cuts corners on spending by leaving the tops of their vans unpainted! :D

12. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    I'll actually defend them here! :eek:

The tops of the UPS vans are unpainted because they're made with translucent fiberglass and allow some light into the back of the truck.
  13. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    UPS = Universal Penetration System
  14. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    UPS= Unfunny Pre-teen Scum!!

:mad: :mad:

(oh wait, you're a month older than i am! :D )

( know i jest.)
  15. i worked there for 6 years. they do that so sunlight will shine through so you can read packages without lighting the inside of the truck during the day. it makes it damn hot though...