Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

UPS Humor

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by teej, Apr 20, 2005.

1. teej

teej

Aug 19, 2004
    Sheffield, AL 35660
    Not but 2 seconds ago, I got a delivery from UPS. They were delivering the 8-32 inserts I bought from McMaster-Carr. Anywho, the driver knocks on the door, I answer, and he says "I have an order for Joiner Basses?" He said basses, as in the fish, not basses (pronounced "bases"), as in the musical instrument.

It's not a big deal or anything, but I got a kick out of it. :smug:

2. I was just talking to my dad a while ago about a new bass amp. I told him about the bassman and he's like... Cool, the bassman 100, like the fish... Good Times...

3. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Yeah people who work(ed) at UPS are stupid.....

4. anyone that gets good money to drive around in shorts and sunglasses and get hit on by women isn't stupid :cool:

5. The UPS guy that picks up at my office almost got into a fight once. To make a long story short, a guy came in the store and the UPS guy made a comment about him getting dresses through UPS a lot (joking.. the guy's wife runs a dress shop) and the guy took MAJOR offense to it and wanted to fight. Most excitement I had at work in a long time.

Back on topic, I used to subscribe to a newsletter called "Bass Pro Tips" and my mom brought it to me one day and says "Here's your 'Bass (like the fish) Pro Tips' ... I didn't know you liked to go fishing..?" That one cracked me up for a while.