1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

UPS SHIPS TO PO BOX?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by SRT80, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Anyone know if you can take a package to UPS to be shipped to a PO Box? I just sold a guitar on ebay. I got it all packed up. Just got a confirmation from paypal on payment and the buyer has a PO Box for address. I searched the UPS site but couldn't find anything.

Anyone know???

Thanks,
    Steve

2. A guitar probably wouldn't fit in a po box.

3. Call them. Most likely they do.

lowsound

4. HaHa....

I figured that, but didn't know if they ship to the Post Office where the PO Box is and a slip be placed in the PO box. Guess I will have to find out tomorrow.

Thanks,
    Steve

5. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    It depends. I can get UPS because my service has people in the lobby who take the packages and hold them in special oversize sections.

6. When I worked for UPS in the 80s, there was absolutely NO delivery to PO boxes. I don't know why they would have changed that policy.

7. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Nope. P.O. Boxes are accessible only to USPS. You'll have to ship it through them if that's the only available address.

8. cool, thanks for the info.

This guy is gonna have to come up with a home address. I can't imagine what USPS will charge to ship this. More than $25. UPS estimates around $22 on their site, reason I charged $25 for shipping.

Steve

9. USPS is about the same to ship, if anything it is usually cheaper. It just takes longer and there is no tracking, although that might just be on international stuff.

lowsound

10. steve21

steve21 Banned

When I ship USPS it gets there fast.

11. UPS always gets to me faster. Actually there was this one time with Canada Post when it took less than 24 hours. But in general UPS is faster, at least IME.

lowsound

12. peterbright

peterbright

Jan 23, 2007
    On The Bayou
    I'd be worried about this transaction if I were you.

13. Why, I already recieved payment through paypal. He's verivied and address is confirmed. Just has a PO Box for address. Which isn't really a problem. I just have to drive a little further to the post office.

Steve

14. He can come up with a home address, an office address, or take the shipment via USPS. Simple.

15. Yea, I did ask that last night and he sent me the same address but this time left "PO Box" off. I'm just gonna ship it to the address that it confirmed on paypal. The main reason I like UPS is, there is never a wait. Doesn't matter what time of day it is at the post office, it seems the line is always to the door and I'm usually there 20-30 minutes at times. I will just make clear in my auction next time that I wont ship to PO boxes.

I appreciate all the help and info y'all!

Now, it's off to the post office then The Low End to get my bass :bassist: (it's not a low end though...)

Thanks,
    Steve

16. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Commercial User

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    The Brains: FretNation.com
    If these address is like

Name Name
    PO BOX 12345
    City, State ZIP

Then NO They will not ship there.

If it is.

Name Name
    Number Street
    Box# 1234
    City, State, Zip

then Yes.

Only ship to the confirmed address with the paypal payment.