1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

upstairs neighbors arguing

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by onewebfoot, Jun 17, 2007.

1. The one thing that (perhaps) I hate more than barking dogs. They've been going at it for 3 hours, complete with stomping, and it's almost entirely the lady of the house, with a shrieking blend of Chinese and English that I can't understand. The one day of the year that is supposed to be dedicated to responsible adult males, and this poor guy has to deal with this.

So I spent my day working ahead of Monday, with Steely Dan and Dmitri Matheny playing all day, and writing a detailed instrument review sent privately to a favorite instrument maker. That helped. now for a second glass of wine...

2. Bo_H

Bo_H

Jul 2, 2004
    The second glass of wine will help too.

3. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    yeeesh. my next door neighbors are all about the violenza domestica, too. (i guess that's a little bit of an exaggeration.) there's plenty of slamming doors and yelling. it's quite annoying.

thank god for headphones and good tunes! :D
    http://[malware url removed].net/vicious-smiley-1815.gif

4. Should have had a really loud band practice downstairs, you would enjoy it, hopefully the guy upstairs would enjoy it, and the woman would be drowned out for the rest of the day.

5. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    LOL.

6. You have a bass cab and amp, play gun shots and glass breaking all night randomly on your PC.

7. The_D

The_D Well, thats like your opinion. Man...

Mar 20, 2004
    Fife, Scotland
    Wait for the make up sex! :eek:

Your walls will be shaking. :ninja: :bag:

8. Bryan316

Bryan316 Inactive

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    Type up a quick note, and stick it to their door.

"Thank you for ruining Father's Day, you noisy C-word."

Completely anonymously. Just so she knows she's hated by the world.

9. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    Had a couple like that across the street, in our old neighborhood. They fought every weekend. If one had nothing else to do, one could set up a lawn chair, have a cold beer and a sandwich, and listen/watch. (They frequently brought their fights out into the front yard.)

It was better than WWF!

People actually did sit outside and listen to the fights. They were hard-core rednecks from Georgia, and the word-slingin' was *very* inventive. And you couldn't visit your neighbors, because of the noise, so we turned their unpleasantness into a spectator sport. Even took bets on who would win the argument this time.

Cherie

10. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I love it. Turn off the tv. Turn down the lights. And write down the best parts.

11. Deacon_Blues

Deacon_Blues

Feb 11, 2007
    Finland
    ...and put a copy of your notes in their mailbox. Maybe they get the hint.

12. Bryan316

Bryan316 Inactive

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    Anyone ever heard of Ray and Pete?

Two old crotchety homosexual alcoholic men who lived together in an apartment with paper-thin walls, and their neighbor got so astounded by their absurd arguments, that he started recording them. Around here, the local radio show plays the recordings all the time, and it's phenomenal entertainment. These two old drunk gay guys argued about the most asinine topics, and it was always hilarious.

13. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    When I lived in an apartment, my neighbor just had really loud orgies. He tried to cover it up with loud music, but it didn't work.

14. and you're complaining?

why didn't you pop in for a visit?!

15. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Inactive

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    If he didnt mention who was in those orgys maybe its because there where too many bananas...

16. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 18, 2021