Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Upton Bass Bag?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by jb6884, Jan 30, 2006.

1. jb6884

jb6884

Jan 30, 2006
    St. Louis, MO
    Hey folks...

New to TB, but have been lurking for quite some time. I was wondering if anyone has an opinion on the Upton Bass Bag... looks like a pretty substantial case for the money.. I'm also looking at Bob's green bag for about 100 less.. I definitely like the upton bag better on paper.

I have the pickup truck problem, and so far have been very lucky with my soft tonneau cover, blankets and an el-cheapo non padded cover, but I really don't want to take more chances. Also, I like the idea of the heavy padding as an insulator to quick temperature changes.

Any advice, or opinions either way would be greatly appreciated...

2. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    +1 I'm really curious about this too. I need something better than my "Duralite" for when I go away to school next year. The non padded canvas just isn't going to cut it when I'm trucking this thing through public transit in Toronto or Montreal.

3. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    I've been using the newer design Upton bag for a while now, and it's holding up very well. They've incorporated some pretty cool design features this time and I can't think of a thing I'd improve. Great bag for the money.