Upton Bass Bags?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by mchildree, Aug 8, 2003.

1. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    Anyone using one of the Upton bass bags that are showing up on Ebay? I need a new bag and this one seems to have lots of the same features of the more expensive Mooradians, etc. but for about a hundred bucks less. Any feedback would be appreciated, since I can't find mention of this particular bag in the past threads.
  2. John Sprague

John Sprague Sam Shen's US Distributor

Mar 10, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Sales Manager, CSC Products Inc.
    Bobelocks are also a good sub for Mooradians, at around the same savings. I haven't seen the Upton bag yet myself.
  3. Monte

Jan 9, 2001
    New Albany, MS
    I'll second this, and go so far to say I prefer my new Bobelock to my old Mooradian.

More useful handles, pockets that you can zip with one hand, better padding, better padded bow sleeve, extra pocket.

4. CB3000

CB3000 Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2003
    Madison, wi
    I am curretly in the market to replace my Upton Bag that I bought a year or two ago--It has fallen apart- The straps and handles have pulled off. The padding is not very thick either. It is an Ok bag for light use but not for 5 nights a week! The mooradian eluxe are high quality--TKL bags can take a beating. The soundwear performer is available from quinnviolins.com and I think I am going to go with that one. As far as I can tell it is German not chinese or taiwanese like others.
  5. The bass I just bought came with an Upton bag, (it's an Upton bass), and although I can't comment on how well it will hold up, I feel confident that it's a good bag. The padding seems very good, and there are more handles and ways to carry it than you can imagine. (It's one of the deluxe bags with the wheels). Gary Upton told me that it is infact made in China.
  6. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    I just received my Upton bag yesterday...also the deluxe bag with wheels. It seems to me also to be a well-made bag, and a large improvement over the bag I had. Hopefully I won't have the same experience as CB3000...I don't play 5-6 nights a week...more like 5-6 times monthly. I had my doubts about the wheels, but after some testing, I think they may come in handier than I'd thought.