1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Upton Bass Help

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by bcamp, Jun 29, 2020 at 12:07 PM.

1. bcamp

bcamp Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2013
    Colorado
    I just saw in this week's Upton Report that they are looking to hire 1 or 2 people immediately to help them build out their "Bass Delivery Van". Sounds like fun getting paid to hang around with Gary all day. Wish I wasn't 2,073 miles from Mystic.

2. RSBBass

RSBBass

Jun 11, 2011
    NYC
    In these difficult times with high unemployment, sometimes you have to consider a longer commute.

3. bcamp

bcamp Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2013
    Colorado
    Hey, if no one steps up I just might have to consider it. Wouldn't it be a blast to hang with the Upton gang for a couple of weeks and have the time to play every bass in their showroom!

RSBBass and Ric Vice like this.
  4. james condino

james condino Spruce dork Supporting Member Commercial User

Sep 30, 2007
    asheville, nc
  5. Don Kasper

Don Kasper Supporting Member

Look at this - It's Disgusting...How Disrespectful...Imagine - Using a Cymbal for an Air Cleaner cover!

Matunuck and Sam Sherry like this.
  6. bcamp

bcamp Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2013
    Colorado
    Far out, I've got a ride! When can you pick me up James?

RSBBass and james condino like this.
  7. MLysh

MLysh

Oct 11, 2007
    MD/DC/VA
    As a young man, George Orwell thought that having a job in a book shop would be the ideal job for him. One is paid to be around great literature all day, people who read great literature, and profound thinkers of all stripe. One day, he got his "dream job." He soon found out that the job amounted to nothing more than physical grunt work, hauling boxes up and down flights of stairs, placing and replacing books on shelves, cleaning shelves, moving shelves, etc. He hated it and quit. He said that for the rest of his life he never again felt the kind of joy from walking into a book shop that he felt before having that job. Careful what you wish for...

8. bcamp

bcamp Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2013
    Colorado
    Very wise words indeed MLysh. For some of us however, me included, just simply helping out someone in real need and making new friends is plenty incentive to justify an effort like this as worthwhile. Throw in the chance of playing some amazing basses and maybe meeting someone like Victor Wooten that just happens to drop in is simply icing on life's amazing cake. And FWIW, you're dead right about George. My daughter is a compulsive reader and working in a book store was a huge letdown! My only true wish in this endeavor is that Gary and Upton can pull this off. To my knowledge, no other owner of any instrument manufacturer on any continent has ever hand delivered a bunch of instruments directly to peoples doors like this. This is absolutely an unprecedented event in music history and anyone that helps will play an important part of this history. I can only wish Gary the very best of luck and that he stay safe in his long journey.