Upton Bass Stool

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Reuben, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    Augusta GA
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    No, see, it goes to 11...

2. I have the Ikea stool, modified with a flip-up forkstand from a freestyle bmx bike. Just for nights when I am too lazy to stand up and practice.
    Are you becoming a "sitter", Reuben?

3. Reuben

Reuben

Aug 8, 2005
    Brooklyn, NY
    Not too much. At home there are times when the option of sitting means the difference between practicing and not, and anything that gets me to practice is good. As far as gigging with a stool, it's too much of a pain getting my gear around NYC without a stool, but there are certain gigs I do that are long, and not having to stand would be really great. I have an okay folding stool my wife found for me in Chinatown, but I just keep my eyes open for something better. That said, I haven't actually brought my own stool to a live gig in probably 10 years.

4. uptonbass

uptonbass Proprietor, Upton Bass String Instrument Co.

Oct 8, 2002
    Mystic CT
    Founder UptonBass.com
    For the record (as the site states) this was a stool that I requested be made to my specifications per my manufacturer. Funny thing is it was a special request for the cherry color and now thats what I see on the ikea. What can I say looks like the manufacturer sold my goods to another, not the first time on that! Maybe I should pull the order......

I still do not have these in stock yet and I am waiting on my shipment of 500

5. Reuben

Reuben

Aug 8, 2005
    Brooklyn, NY
    How much will it cost?

6. jdapodaca

jdapodaca

May 25, 2006
    El Paso, Texas
    ha.

7. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    Peoples Republic of Brooklyn
    Creator of: iGigBook for Android/iOS
  8. uptonbass

Oct 8, 2002
    Mystic CT
    Founder UptonBass.com
    Gosh ours will be $49 but looking at that franklin one I can say the UB one will sure stand up to more abuse, its just built better.

I suppose if I ordered 5,000 at a time like ikea my price would be closer..

9. Gary;

I've been watching your site for a while waiting for when they come in. I will happily pay a little more for a sturdier one from you & I think it is good business and good karma to support small businesses and bass people.

just my 2 cents

10. uptonbass

Oct 8, 2002
    Mystic CT
    Founder UptonBass.com
    Thanks!!!

11. Gary;
    Any idea when they are due in?

I've been waiting patiently. :D

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 29, 2021